Engineering Insurance and Inspection for your Private Road, Unadopted Road or Land

Engineering Insurance

Engineering Damage to Plant & Machinery cover is available for any machinery you may have on your private road or land you wish to insure which could include Electric Barriers, Electric Gates, and similar machinery.

The main focus of this cover is to minimise any disruption caused by the breakdown of any equipment, or any damage caused to your equipment.

engineering insuranceSudden and Unforeseen Damage

This kind of policy covers your installed Private Road specified plant, machinery and equipment for sudden and unforeseen damage.  This includes things such as pressure explosion, accidental damage, collapse, breakdown and toppling.

Due to these policies being tailor made specifically for your Private Road, you will only pay for the elements that apply to you.

In the event of a loss, your Private Road Engineering Insurance policy (or part of your overall policy if you have this option included in it) will cover you for the value of the property that had been destroyed or for the cost of it’s repair, although sometimes insurers may decide to replace the item of plant.  Either way the aim is to put you back in the position you were before the time of loss.

Engineering Inspection

If you or your management company / residents association are responsible for plant and machinery such as your Private Road electric barriers and gates then there are a number of Health and Safety laws to ensure that this equipment will not harm members of the public or any employees.

If you do not comply with these laws then you could be liable for fines or in extreme cases possible prison sentences due to your negligence.

Engineering Inspection ensures that your plant and machinery has regular inspections (normally every 12 months) to ensure that it complies with the appropriate legislation.

A qualified engineer surveyor will come out to your Private road to inspect your equipment; they will be able to identify any problems (if any) and advise you on any maintenance and/or repairs that may need to be carried out to ensure your machinery is safe.

The Electricity at Work Regulations 1989 (EAW)

Dutyholders are required to maintain their electrical systems as far as is reasonably practicable to avoid danger. Please refer to the The Electricity at Work Regulations 1989 (EAW) for more guidance.

This applies to electrical installations, plant and portable appliances. The HSE’s guidance for the EAW regulations is that inspection and testing are an essential part of any preventative maintenance programme.

Please feel free to contact us to chat about your Private Road machinery and we will be able to point you in the right direction and arrange for a specialist broker to contact you.  They will be able to provide help and advice as well as obtain a quotation for you.

If you found this interesting please have a look at our Directors and officers Product.

This site,, has been created and provided by Cobalt Online. We are an independent marketing website and are not authorised to give advice. We are not liable for any advice provided by, or obtained through a third party. The information published on this website is for information purposes only.

Care has been taken to ensure that the information is correct, but we neither warrant, represent nor guarantee the contents of information, nor do we accept any responsibility for errors, inaccuracies, omissions or any inconsistencies herein. We do not give personal advice and the information provided is only to provide an overview of the areas of finance. Anyone considering taking any action may wish to seek advice from an Insurance Broker registered with the Financial Conduct Authority. We cannot be held liable for any losses incurred.